So the two of my
high school sisters
Emily and Madi,
are both in the same
leadership club as me,
which is Ambassadors.
Today was our "training"
even though the majority
of us were also in it last year.
In order to get us
motivated, our Advisors invited a
motivational speaker.
We all expected a discussion
of school spirit and leadership.
None of us had a clue what exactly
we were getting into when he started
out by passing out theese pieces of wood.
On one side we wrote down
our limiting beliefs, things that we
convince ourselves of that hold us back.
On the front we wrote down what
our lives would be like if we were
to eleminate everything on the back.
Then we broke through those boards,
to break through those things holding us back.
Together, 50+ students from all different
cliques of our school came together
and experienced a flood of
emotions, beginning with uneasiness,
doubt, and even fear to confidence,
leadership, unconditional love,
and a strong desire to
c h a n g e.
"I will believe, not doubt!"
"I will lead, not follow!"
"Now I have a voice!"
No comments:
Post a Comment