Saturday, September 18, 2010

Creative Writing Assignments

S h a r p i e s / 8-25-10

My name is Carley ---------
and I am a sharpie addict.
Not just the cheap, counterfeit stuff
 you can find at dollar stores like
Shoupies, Shankies, and Sherples.
Oh no.
I'm talking the real deal.
The serious stuff,
from twin tips to sharpie paints,
sizes Ultra-fine to Magnum.
I even keep a sharpie graveyard
in an overflowing shoebox
beneath my bed.
Of course, I recently threw out
the few that ran out of ink
as a first step to my recovery.
In August 2010, however,
I took two steps backward,
Dumping my old sharpies
to make room for 48+ new ones
which include limited edition bonus colors.
Just talking about them
makes me want to "Uncap what's inside"
and doodle on every plain surface in reach.
I can only imagine what joy will come
in just four more days,
when I get my hands on the new
Sharpie liquid pencils
officially in stores as of September 2010
You know . . . 
I don't think I'm an addict after all.

N e s s a / 8-31-10

Yesterday,

She stood delicately tall
among the most treasured trophies.
ONce the face of beauty at its finest.
Unaware that she would soon become
the spark to her flammable environment.

Today,

she was carelessly robbed
of her silent pride.
Forced into the shadows of where she came from
hiding from the damaging awkwardness 
of facing those who once 
adored her unconditionall
now helplessly pitied and betrayed,
a reminder of how fragile we all are

Tomorrow, 

she can only hope that she will be found again,
and loved without heartache.


U n t i t l e d / 09-07-10

I watch helplessly 
as he absentmindedly
finds his feet dragging him
through daily, weekly, monthly routines.

Glancing away from his worn shoes
only for a moment to
subconciously hand over his ticket
and continue down the aisle alone.
One by one, the train is filled
with numb passengers
who have lost their way
their hopes and dreams
replaced by a suffocationg cloud
of lies  and limiting beliefs,
unaware of their individual destinations.

Trapped, he waits for
a silent sign to call to him
to let him know if it's time to jump,
free of his past and fears, 

Or sit there, blind, unmoving
as I beat on the window, frustrated
desperately trying to get him to snap
out of his trance, and see
that the train is going to derail.

No comments:

Post a Comment