Monday, February 15, 2010

Some Artwork of Mine

So these are all from my Junior year, so far. :) 
I'd appreciate if you'd tell me what you think and even critique it too. 
Oh, and yeah, I lack backgrounds. : / 
My pictures of them are not good quality either.

This is my final out of four or five different tries of my butterfly.
 
I actually just did this one spur of the moment to experiment with hair. :D I also did this one the fastest. 
I tired to go for Spooky with this one but I don't think it worked.
These guys took a LOT of brain power, and I see it more like a rough draft compared to what I want to do with it. It's supposed to be a bunch of parrots and the big picture is that it is all only one parrot at the same time. My ultimate goal is to do it all in oils, get tons of texture in there, define a lot more and give it more details and make it HUGE. I only lack the skill, experience, time, and supplies. Haha. I can dream big, right?
This here is Ferdinand. Each building took an hour itself, and when looking at it, it doesn't even look like it should have. O.o I like him though. 
I'm also in the middle of working on this Rooster here, but I have to push him aside while I do some other stuff for school. Also, as my friends were quick to remind me, Roosters don't lay eggs.

5 comments:

  1. I love your talent! And I love watching you work.. from inspiration to completion, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, just for the record, I love you. Also, you're amazing. Just thought I'd mention that. I don't know what it is about that picture of the girl with her hair like that, but I just... love it. I can't stop looking at it. Any chance I could get a copy?

    ReplyDelete