I think if you listen to something for too long,
you start sounding like what it is you're listening to.
Recently I have discovered that audio books don't
necessarily mean you are cheating on your tangible books,
(Thanks to my Madre!)
(Thanks to my Madre!)
so I have listened to UR by Stephen King
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

and now Speaker of the Dead,
the second (of five?)
in the series.
Several times now
in the middle of a conversation
I have slipped into the tone
of the lady who reads Valentine.
It's obnoxious and funny all at the same time.
So really,
two lessons
have been learned:
two lessons
have been learned:
1 - Audio books are
neato,
and kind of addictive.
Definitely lovely to get lost in
while painting or throwing pottery. :]
neato,
and kind of addictive.
Definitely lovely to get lost in
while painting or throwing pottery. :]
2 - However, if you listen to it to long,
you'll subconsciously mimic the speakers.
Does that mean that if
I made a baby listen to a British speaker,
it would get a British accent?
Ohhhhhhh,
or how about Austrailian?
Beware children,
for I will want to experiment.
Bahaha!
you'll subconsciously mimic the speakers.
Does that mean that if
I made a baby listen to a British speaker,
it would get a British accent?
Ohhhhhhh,
or how about Austrailian?
Beware children,
for I will want to experiment.
Bahaha!

No comments:
Post a Comment