Thursday, February 17, 2011

Essays, Portfolios, Interviews, SCHOLARSHIPS

Since yesterday I have been
trying to ignore a slight headache
moving around like an ugly snail
taking his anger and frustration
out on the inside of my brainzzzzz.

I believe this might be due to
senior year stress and scholarships,
or the lack of scholarships anyway.
This week I have been continually
disappointed with each letter
tossing all of my hard work
off to the side as colleges
try to gently say I'm
simply not good enough.

I try to not let it get to me too much
(even though I really wanted to be
able to hand my parents an envelope
filled with good news for once)
because in the end I have taken
some valuable lesson away with
each interview, portfolio, and
especially all the time I spent
with my mom on those
daunting essays.

One of which I'm going to pound out
about ethics right now for a chance
to have my name entered in a
scholarship raffle thing,
my last opportunity
for a thousand,
which will keep me
on the edge of my seat
during the end of year assembly,
but wish me luck. :)

1 comment:

  1. Repeat after me:

    You ARE good enough!! You are GREAT! These scholarship applications will never begin to scratch the surface of the wonderful soul that you are.

    I am PROUD to be your mom. I am honored to be around you every single day! I hope to be just like you one day, kiddo.

    Hold your head up high and tell that snail to TAKE A HIKE!

    I love you smuches!

    ReplyDelete