Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Serious Case of SPRING FEVER

Yesterday was a homework saturday,
with a few errands to run as well, 
but there was a swell (I like
that word) moment where
two of my sisters and I were doing 
various projects for school while 
my parents were cooking up a storm
since we had family coming over.
Music was playing, we were all
singing or dancing at some point and
all I could do was just soak it all in.
Moments like these are the ones 
I hang on to when it seems like
someone turned the world 
upside down and left it there
in a state of chaos until it settles. 

Unfortunately yesterdays moment
was not perfect. The windows should
have been open, the sun should not
have already left for tomorrow, 
and we should have been talking 
and sharing photos about the camping
trip we just got back from two days ago
or the four wheeling ride we're planning 
for tomorrow. 

So dear Spring,
although I do love the snow,
it was quite late this year 
and has over stayed it's welcome.
I simply cannot wait for you to 
return with your fresh 
way of life.
Thanks,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment