Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Looking Forward, Looking Back

I haven't said much this Summer,
not because I don't have anything to say,
but because like everyone else my age,
I'm adjusting to a lot of new things.
Just yesterday I want to my school Campus
and paid for tuition and found my classes,
and I couldn't help but think I have come
a long way from coloring on the walls
or dreading the day I was no longer
what I thought to be the perfect age,
seventeen. I'm loving my job at Target,
and coming home to do something
with my baby sisters or friends.
My photography is picking up and
I've booked bridals, a wedding, and
even a newborn shoot. There are
some days where I miss being able
to just clean all day (odd, right?)
or babysit my cousins in the morning,
staying up late watching chick flicks
with my sisters or taking a spontaneous
camping trip for a few days, but I know
that as soon as I settle in to my new life,
we'll get there again. And it will be even
better than before. :) Just the other day
 my mom and my favorite aunt took off
to see The Help and then shared a lot
of laughter and a few tears over dinner.
There will be more girl dates for sure.
I also met up with some friends and
spent a few hours just talking about
the people we know that are already
getting married and having kids while
we are absolutely single and mentally
preparing ourselves for college.

There is my ramble for the day.
So life will be good.
It IS good.
But there is a lot of
figuring out to do along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment