Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hey, I know you.

Sometimes everything
just seems so one sided.
Like, I'm putting in all 
the effort to the relationship
and beating myself up over it.
In some cases I've learned 
to mimic their actions or back off,
but it's just as exhausting as 
when I'm trying extra hard 
just to get a "hello" or 
"yeah, I've been thinking 
about you too". even
if it's not completely true.

One might suggest that
I change then or find new peeps,
but I wouldn't be trying so hard
if they weren't people I 
appreciate and love and
actually want in my life. 
Life is just cruel enough 
sometimes to point and laugh
at me because they don't
want me in theirs.

But GUESS WHAT.
I can point and laugh too.
Whether it's at myself or
life in general, I don't know
but it's because there are people 
who DO want me in their lives,
people that I can make laugh,
without the pain of
being someone I'm not.
People who will stay in my life
and aren't afraid to stand by my side
or say "Hey, I know her!" 
While the rest of the world
can forget me even if I continue
missing them because I have 
people that mean so much more,
and they know it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment