Friday, January 14, 2011

What a week . . .

Seven Days Ago: 
Friday 1/7/2011

Made a new best friend that 
pretty much helped me with 
a part of my self-esteem that
has been missing since 7th grade
and he doesn't even know it.

We hung out after school 
and got roses for his girlfriend
who is sick and happens
to be one of my art friends
from last year.

When leaving the parking lot
and putting my car into drive,
another person simultaneously 
honked and barely hit us. 
Turns out that person had 
a week from hell themselves.
First she got into an accident
and totaled both of the cars involved,
then the next day her dad died :( and 
her car was impounded immediately
on her way to the hospital for 
reckless driving.

Six Days Ago:
Saturday 1/8/2011

My mom and I finally finished 
all the wedding pretzels
we had been working on since
the beginning of December for 
my mom's friend's daughter's wedding.
It felt good to have them done,
but I was kinda bummed 
at the same time because
I enjoyed spending all that time
with my mom. :)

Four Days Ago:
Monday 1/10/2011

Emily's 17th birthday.
I got up early to make her
breakfast with my mom. 

Also started collecting donations
at the school for family keepsakes
for one of my friend's whose sister
has been given two-three months to live
after her year long battle with cancer.

Linzie won first place 
in her school art show
for a violin sculture
she did out of tape.
Only, by the time we
got there, the library
had been closed. :(

Through out school Em
felt like her day was 
really nothing special,
in fact at one point she 
called me crying.
So my mom and I got together
and came up with a perfect plan
for me to pick up her
boyfriend and ice cream
and for my mom to pick up balloons
and meet at the school to surprise her
at her musical rehearsal. 
Afterward her friends piled 
into my mom's and my cars
to our house for the 
spontaneous birthday party.

Mom's friend came
and got the hand-dipped 
pretzals and then I gave
two trips to take all 
of Em's friends home.

Three Days Ago:
Tuesday 1/11/2011

Late start. :) 
I picked up my friend
from the train and met
all of his Northridge pals
and then picked up my
sisters an hour later 
to for school.

Collected final donations
from the school for 
my friend and her family.
I talked to my friend at 
lunch that day to see if 
she would be going to 
the Key Club meeting 
on Wednesday, and she 
told me she planned on it,
except that she couldn't 
really make plans. 
That her sister couldn't 
move on her own,
didn't talk, 
and was either sleeping
or on too much medication
to make any sense. 

That night we found out
that The Vintage Pearl
was willing to make up 
the difference between
what we had raised and
what we wanted.
I called a different friend
to give her the good news
that our surprise was
going to go through and 
to double check that 
what we ordered would work.
Unfortunately she then 
told me that our friend's 
sister had died a half hour 
before I called her. :( 
The Vintage Pearl then worked
through the night and shipped
the keepsake jewelery
the next morning.

Two Days Ago:
Wednesday 1/12/2011

Got a one-time only
 permission from my mom
for me and my sisters to 
skip 2nd period and 
go to breakfast with 
one of my friends. :)

One Day Ago:
Thursday

Worked on my Visual Arts
Sterling Scholar Portfolio
for the last time after
having it edited by two 
English teachers and my mom.
Took it to FedEx Kinkos
in a snow storm that
wasn't very kind and
made my little camry 
slide all over the place.
Not to mention the beast
that worked for Kinkos
who was not only rude
to the girl she worked with,
but every single customer too.

Today
Friday 1/14/2011
Said good bye to my 
new best friend today
because he is transferring,
which is sad but 
at the same time I don't mind
because I think it's best
it was a short friendship. 

The Vintage Pearl jewelery
arrived today and so we took it
to our friend and her family 
right after school. <3 
The viewing began about 
a half hour ago tonight, 
but here I am . . . 
because I don't feel
comfortable going, but I hope
that's not too selfish. . . 

My parents are celebrating 
their wedding anniversary tonight
with a much-needed date night
at the Cheescake Factory and
a movie at Jordan Commons, 
which is fitting since that is
kind of where it all began for them.

So you can imagine, 
why at the end of this week,
I feel kinda numb and I'm sort of 
trying to figure some things out,
some things that I didn't even mention,
but it's not all bad, I promise.
Luckily I now have a four day weekend. 
It ind of feels like the first break 
this school year since the semester
is over and I have no homework.
One more semester,
with one wicked gym credit,
and then graduation, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. HUGS! My sweet girl, this week was a kick in the pants. I am sorry it was so rough. I admire the way you always keep your head up, even when times are hard. I love you smuches!

    ReplyDelete