I'm kicking off 2011
with chalk covered hands,
singing to promising lyrics
as I do homework with
my sister Linzie,
thinking about the last
18 years of my life,
and the next years
headed my way.
2010 was filled with
heartache as life forced
people to make
their way through
who they were,
who they are,
and who they will be.
Countless life lessons
have been learned,
bridges burned,
relationships mended
with a few loose strings,
and unforgettable memories
complete with laughter and tears
to share for the rest of our lives.
I look forward to taking on 2011,
knowing that it comes
with many different challenges
and a major shift in my own life as
I finish up with high school,
prepare for college,
and continually grow
into my own skin,
becoming a better person,
and expanding my world
with the best support of
friends and family.
H a p p y N e w Y e a r s !
(Family Video coming soon!) :)
I wish I could write like you do! Another lovely, wonderful post!
ReplyDeleteHa, I wish I could write like you, so we're even. And now my keyboard is covered in chalk Because I saw you had blogged and I commented . . . Look what you made me do. :)
ReplyDelete